What To Do After an Accident
At Fetterman & Associates, P.A., we take great pride in our ability to assist almost anyone who has suffered an injury due to another party’s negligence.
If you or a loved one finds yourself in this position, contact us online or via phone at 561-845-2510. One of our experienced Florida personal injury attorneys will review your case and protect your legal rights while pursuing the compensation you deserve.
Our Legal Team Can Help
There’s no shortage of circumstances that can result in a personal injury or another type of loss. In addition to common practice areas such as motor vehicle accidents and medical malpractice, our attorneys have experience with all of the following:
- Nursing home abuse: If a loved one was the victim of nursing home abuse, we can help them take legal action and seek compensation from the responsible party.
- Social Security Disability: If you’re injured in an accident that keeps you out of work, filing a claim for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits is important to your future financial well-being.
- Business interruption insurance: Business interruption insurance sounds like a good idea until you receive a claim denial. We can work with your insurance company to help you receive compensation as outlined by your policy.
- Zantac lawsuit: Zantac can cause more harm than good, which has the potential to result in a lawsuit.
- How to claim for asbestos exposure: Asbestos exposure can cause serious illnesses including mesothelioma and lung cancer.
How to Take Action
The steps you take depend largely on the type of case and the circumstances associated with it.
For example, if a loved one was abused in a long-term care facility, you’ll want to do the following:
- Immediately find them another place to live
- Ask questions of management
- Collect evidence
In the event of a business interruption insurance claim denial, you should immediately contact an experienced attorney to provide them with the following:
- A copy of the denial letter
- Any correspondence you have had with the insurance company
- A copy of your insurance policy
- The exact date your business closed
- The reason your business closed (such as COVID-19 or a weather-related disaster)
- Financial data, such as revenue and payroll
If you don’t know where to start, one of our skilled attorneys can step in to guide you.
Reasons to Hire an Attorney
Regardless of what type of case you have, it’s safe to assume that there’s a lot on your mind. For instance, if you were diagnosed with mesothelioma as a result of asbestos exposure, your primary concern is your health.
By hiring an attorney, you don’t have to focus nearly as much time on the legal process. They can manage everything on your behalf, allowing you to focus on other important details.
Other reasons to hire an attorney include:
- Access to a professional who can answer your questions and address your concerns.
- Advanced knowledge of the laws associated with your case.
- Experience using a variety of strategies to help clients receive compensation.
Any type of insurance claim or lawsuit is likely to be time-consuming and stressful. Your goal is to minimize the future impact on your life, and consulting with a knowledgeable attorney is the best way to do so.
If you require any assistance with one of the practice areas detailed above, the attorneys at Fetterman & Associates, P.A. are here to help.
Contact us online or via phone at 561-845-2510 to schedule a free consultation. We’ll do whatever it takes to protect your legal rights and help you receive compensation for your losses.