Car accidents are common all over the United States, but especially in tourist destinations. Florida is not just well-known for its sun and sand, but for its heavy traffic which makes car accidents likely.
Below is an overview of personal injury law and how it can help you if you are injured in an out of town car accident. If you or someone you care about was injured in an accident, it may be helpful for you to speak with a lawyer for advice.
Common Car Accident Causes
There are many different reasons why car accidents happen. However, some occur more often than others. The most common car accident causes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Driving Under the Influence
- Fatigued Driving
- Failure to Yield the Right of Way
- Reckless Driving
- Driving Carelessly in Foul Weather
Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents
While there are a variety of different injuries you can sustain in an automobile accident, but some are common such as:
- Head Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Facial Lacerations
- Brain Injuries
- Neck Injuries Such as Whiplash
- Back Problems Such as Herniated Discs
What to Do If You Are Involved in a Car Accident
If you are visiting Florida and are involved in an automobile accident, there are some things you must do to protect yourself. Some of the most important things to do immediately include:
- Pull Off the Road If Possible
- Call 911 For Assistance
- Ask the Other Driver for Their Driver’s License and Insurance Information
- Obtain the Names and Numbers of Witnesses
- Seek Medical Treatment for Your Injuries
- Notify Your Insurance Company
- Never Admit You Were at Fault at the Scene
How Can an Accident Lawyer Help?
Hiring a personal injury attorney is helpful if you have serious injuries. An attorney may be able to help you obtain a settlement for your injuries by:
- Interviewing Witnesses to the Accident
- Obtaining Police and Medical Reports
- Speaking with Medical Experts
- Negotiating a Settlement with the at Fault Driver’s Insurance Company
- Filing the Proper Court Documents for a Lawsuit
- Accompanying and Representing You in Court
If you have sustained injuries in an out of town accident, contact a West Palm Beach personal injury attorney for help. During a meeting, an attorney can examine the facts surrounding your case and let you know if you should move forward with filing a lawsuit.
Hiring an experienced West Palm Beach car accident attorney to protect your interests is one way to obtain a settlement for your injuries, so you can move on with your recovery and your life.
Learn, Fast Facts about Car Accidents in Florida: https://lawteam.com/2016/10/10/facts-about-car-accidents-florida/