Vehicle accidents involving an automobile and bicyclist can most certainly be deadly. These accidents can result in serious injuries and even death. In fact, Florida is the leading state in bicycle and motor vehicle-related accidents in the country. The Law Team of Fetterman & Associates fights on behalf of a victim and his or her rights to get the maximum compensation available for accident victims and their families.
Biking trails range for many miles between Boca Raton to Port St Lucie, Florida. This is a very scenic route that bikers often enjoy. However, in the state of Florida, bicyclists are also permitted to ride along streets as a mode of transportation to work, shopping, or recreation. As a result, unfortunately, accidents involving both bicyclists and motor vehicles are highly common, and are often fatal, even if the accident occurred in a low impact situation.
In order to avoid more accidents, Florida bicyclists should take caution whenever traveling, whether for work or recreation, on bike paths or in the streets.
Also Read :
- Car Accidents and Black Box Data Evidence
- Local Radio Personality Named as Defendant in Personal Injury Suit
- Florida Truck Accidents May Increase Due to Driver Shortages in 2014
Here are some quick safety tips for bicyclists to keep in mind while biking:
- Wear a helmet and other brightly-colored or neon protective gear (such as a reflective jacket, a light on top of your helmet, and other protective materials), and be sure that all bicycle reflectors are visible and functional. All protective and safety gear should meet federal safety standards of the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- If riding at night, take extra caution. Bicyclists traveling in the dark, as well as at dawn or dusk, should equip their bicycles with headlights and taillights, and use reflectors or reflective tape on both your bicycle and your clothing.No reflectors should be cracked, broken, or missing, as this increases your chances of a passing vehicle not seeing you.
- Have a working bell or horn to make others traveling near you aware of your presence, as well as motorists.
- Always inspect your bike for damage and ensure that all mechanical parts are fully functional. Brakes should be inspected regularly, and ensure that tires are properly inflated. Faulty mechanics will increase a biker’s chances of an accident.
Count on a Florida Attorney if you’ve been involved in a bicycle accident.
If you or someone you know has recently been involved or passed away from an accident involving a motor vehicle and bicyclist, contact the professional and experienced law team of Fetterman& Associates. Our firm has over forty years of professional legal experience in expertise, including bicycle accidents that occur in the Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Boca Raton and Port St. Lucie areas.
Florida Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Don’t hesitate. Contact one of our professional, qualified, and experienced legal Florida bicycle accident attorneys at Fetterman & Associates for a free, no-obligation interview and case evaluation. You can call us at 561-845-2510 to ask us questions or schedule a case evaluation, or you can visit us online and submit a request via our online contact form. A member of our legal administrative team will respond to your request within twenty-four hours. We will review the details in depth, perform research as necessary, ask questions, and build a solid case around the accident and what occurred. Let the Fetterman& Associates Law Team worry about the details. This is just one commitment we make by standing by you.