Injuries Covered by SSD
Many people who sustain injuries or disabilities in an accident wonder whether they qualify for Social Security benefits in Florida.
You may require the financial benefits that come from Social Security Disability in order to maintain your household and pay your bills.
Determining whether your injury will be viewed as a “disability” by the Social Security Administration can be a difficult task, especially when you are already dealing with the pain and anxiety brought by your injuries.
If you are suffering from an ailment the prevents you from working, and wonder whether you are entitled to Social Security Disability benefits, our lawyers at Fetterman & Associates, PA will help. We work in West Palm Beach, Port St. Lucie, and other local communities.
To know more about receiving compensation for your injuries and care, send us a message online or call our team of expert attorneys at 561-845-2510 today.
Social Security Disability in Florida
To qualify for Social Security Disability, you must have a “disability” as defined by the Social Security Administration. The impairment may include a medical condition, a psychological condition, or a psychiatric condition.
You will be required to provide evidence of your medical condition. Such evidence may include medical records, treatment notes, blood work panels, mental health records, and imaging results.
Common Disabilities Covered by Social Security
The Social Security Administration maintains of list of conditions that qualify an applicant as disabled. Some of the common impairments include:
- Cardiovascular system – including heart disease and peripheral artery disease
- Musculoskeletal system – including amputations, fractures, soft tissue damage, and trauma to joints and spine
- Respiratory system – including lung transplants, asthma, and cystic fibrosis
- Senses and Speech – including loss of hearing, speech, or sight
- Digestive system – including inflammatory bowel disease, short bowel syndrome, and liver transplants
In addition to the impairments listed above, the following may also qualify as disabilities for purposes of Social Security Disability benefits:
- Neurological disorders – including epilepsy, brain tumors, and damage to the central nervous system
- Skin disorders – including bullous diseases and dermatitis
- Mental disorders – including affective disorders and anxiety disorders
- Endocrine system – including diabetes and some hormonal imbalances
- Hematological disorders – including sickle cell disease
- Cancer – including certain kinds of cancerous tumors
- Immune system – including some immune deficiency disorders such as HIV/AIDS
Note that the list above only mentions a few of the common conditions that may qualify you for Social Security Disability benefits. If you have questions about a condition not listed above, be sure to speak with a qualified Florida attorney.
Call a Social Security Disability Lawyer
It is critical to contact experienced attorneys if you have questions about Social Security Disability. The process is complex, but the SSD lawyers at Fetterman & Associates, PA have years of experience helping residents in situations like yours properly apply and receive benefits.
Timing is important, so do not delay. Contact us online or call 561-845-2510 today to see how we can help.