Common Injury Accidents that Lead to Deaths in Florida and around the CountryAccording to the report, approximately 50 million Americans receive medical treatment for injuries each year. Of these people, over 29 million are treated in emergency rooms, more than 2.8 million are hospitalized, and over 180,000 Americans die annually from injuries. Some of the most common types of injuries include:
- Falls – More than 8 million Americans suffer falls that require medical attention each year, and falls are the leading cause of injury deaths in adults over age 65.
- Car and other vehicle crashes – Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for Americans ages five to 34, with approximately 38,000 people dying in motor vehicle crashes each year.
- Violence-related injuries – Assaults are responsible for more than a million injuries each year.
- Poisoning – Almost 40,000 people die from poisoning deaths each year, with prescription painkillers causing around 15,000 deaths annually.
- Fires – Home fires result in about 2,600 deaths and 13,350 injuries each year.
- Drowning – For children ages one to four, drowning is the leading cause of injury deaths.
According to the Institute of Medicine, injury prevention receives less than 5 percent of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s total budget. “The Facts Hurt” shows how personal injury law can help society where the government falls short.By holding responsible parties accountable for careless or wrongful behavior that harms others, we increase awareness of dangerous situations, and hopefully prevent future injuries that could occur if such behaviors or practices continued.
Also Read: Top 5 Types of Personal Injury Cases