Even a minor fender bender could need the assistance of an accident attorney. Any time a lawsuit is imminent, you need to contact a legal professional right away. Your attorney can help you reach a proper settlement for damages, pay for your medical expenses, and even get compensation for time away from work or lost wages while you recover.
Here are 5 Reasons You Need to Reconsider:
If you do not think you need a car accident attorney, here are five reasons you need to reconsider:
1. Calculating Damages Isn’t a One-Size-Fits-All Process. You are likely to have injuries, which may include extensive medical bills. While you may know how much you have to pay right now, what about long-term recovery and expenses? The amount you need for injury damages is a lot higher than you might realize. an experienced West Palm Beach car accident attorney can help calculate those damages based on the circumstances of your case.
2. Liability May be Split Between Multiple Parties. A car accident most often involves more than two cars. For example, there could be one car that caused another to hit your vehicle. It is important to have an attorney that ensures you are only responsible for your share of the damages (if you were responsible for any), and that liability is split based on the actual event—rather than split evenly between all parties involved.
3. Uninsured Motorists Were Involved. It’s difficult to collect from uninsured motorists. While you may have uninsured motorist protection, that may not be enough to cover all of the damages caused by the uninsured driver. A lawyer can help you file a civil suit against the negligent party so that you have medical expenses, time loss, and other damages paid for regardless of how much insurance pays you.
4. Collecting Evidence is Highly Detailed Work. Sometimes collecting evidence requires a court order. Your attorney can help file that order during the discovery phase of your case. For example, the other vehicle may have a monitoring system on the car, which can record a few seconds prior to the crash, helping you prove the other party’s negligence.
5. Settlements Can Go South. Settlements with insurance companies never work in your favor. They may offer what seems like a good deal, only for you to realize later on that it wasn’t fair. You need a settlement agreement with an attorney looking out for your best interests. A lawyer can negotiate on your behalf, include litigation costs in your settlement, and ensure you receive the best settlement for your pain and suffering.
Contact an experienced car accident lawyer at the Law Team of Fetterman & Associates, PA. We are more than happy to discuss your case during a no-obligation consultation. Call us at 561-845-2510 or fill out an online contact form to get started.