Florida Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Experienced Florida Auto Accident Attorneys Fighting for Bicycle Accident Victims
The area from Boca Raton to Port St Lucie, Florida, offers many miles of bike trails free from the dangers posed by traffic.
Still, many people bicycle lawfully on city streets for work, shopping or recreation, and collisions with automobiles are not uncommon.
Unfortunately, many such accidents result in serious injury or death to the cyclist. Nationwide, hundreds of bicyclists are killed in traffic crashes every year, and tens of thousands more are injured.
Florida often leads the nation in bicycle traffic deaths and injuries in numbers far out of proportion to the population.
The Law Team of Fetterman & Associates, PA understands the devastation that an auto-bicycle collision can cause, and our bicycle accident attorney Florida fight to get the maximum compensation available for accident victims and their families.
Bicycle Accident FAQs:
- 4 Tips to Safely Riding a Bicycle
- 6 Tips to Avoid Accidents with Cars While Cycling
- 4 Important Questions Bicyclists and Pedestrians Should Ask
Ride Safely and Take Steps to Protect Yourself
Since cyclists are so exposed and vulnerable, they are often the victim of serious auto accident injury or wrongful death even in a relatively low-speed impact with a car, truck or bus. Ride defensively, and stay aware of your surroundings and traffic conditions at all times.
When traveling on city streets, state and county roads and highways, it is important to know and follow the rules of the road, such as riding on the right side of the street and using the correct hand signals in a timely fashion.
Some other important steps to take for safety include:
- Wear a brightly colored helmet that meets or exceeds the federal safety standards of the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- If riding at night, as well as at dawn or dusk, equip your bike with headlights and taillights, and/or use reflectors or reflective tape on both your bicycle and your clothing.
- Wear brightly colored clothes during the day and reflective clothing at night.
- Have a working bell or horn to warn others of your presence.
- Maintain your bike in good condition. Inspect your brakes regularly, and keep your tires properly inflated.
Need Aggressive Florida Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
Even all the precautions in the world cannot fully protect you from the hordes of careless, reckless, aggressive, inattentive and distracted drivers crowding the streets of West Palm Beach, Boca Raton and Port St. Lucie.
If you or a member of your family has suffered a serious personal injury because of the negligence or wrongful conduct of another, contact our one of Florida bicycle accident lawyer at Fetterman & Associates, PA for a free case evaluation.