Summer time means more time outdoors playing and having fun. But, it also means an increase in the number of people seen in local emergency rooms. By being aware of the most common injuries, you can keep your family safe.
1. Heatstroke – Heatstroke can happen even if you are out in the hot summer sun for just a short time. Make sure your kids are well hydrated while they play outside and most importantly, have them take breaks. If your child is at a daycare center, ask the daycare facilitators how they prevent heatstroke during super hot days.
2. Bicycle Accidents – While you cannot control those on the road, you can make sure your child knows how to ride their bike, always wear a helmet, and stay safe. Teach them to stay on the sidewalk while riding their bike until they are old enough to share the streets with cars.
3. Drowning – In the summer, there is an increase in drowning and pool injuries. If you are going to the pool or have one at your house, keep an eye on children at all times. Make sure you have flotation devices and never leave children in the pool unattended – even if they know how to swim.
4. Boat Accidents – Children are susceptible to boating accidents often because they are not wearing the proper safety gear or fall off boats. Make sure you keep an eye on children and never allow them to hang over the edge. Additionally, ensure they are always wearing floatation devices.
5. Car Accidents – Children are injured in car accidents every day, but in the summer, they are more likely to be involved in an accident due to the increase in cars on the roads. Make sure your children are using safety harnesses properly. For children still in car seats, ensure the car seat is properly installed and secured.
Unfortunately, injuries will occur because of someone else’s negligence. If your child was injured at a summer program, public pool or even at their summer daycare location, you may be entitled to compensation for their injuries.
Contact the attorneys at Fetterman & Associates, PA today. We offer free consultations and can discuss your personal injury claim to see if you have a case. If you do, we will aggressively work to get the compensation you deserve. Call now to get started.
Must Read :
Fetterman & Associates, PA is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and all applicable website standards including WCAG 2.0. It does not discriminate on the basis of disability. If you have any issues observing the content of this website, please contact us. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be made.