Serious Accidents FAQs
Experienced West Palm Beach, Florida Serious Accident Attorney Helping Clients
Find Online Reputable Pharmacy in West Palm Beach
A: There is pharmacy on almost every corner in America. Whichever you choose, there could be anywhere from two to thirty pharmacists on hand at any time-all prone to human error. Keep the following things in mind when searching for a West Palm Beach pharmacy:
- Location and Hours. This might seem the most obvious way to choose your pharmacy, but it’s only the first step. Make sure your pharmacy is near enough to your house that you could get prescriptions in an emergency and that they are open consistently in case you need medication in the middle of the night.
- Personal Service. When you fill a prescription, watch the pharmacy staff at work. Are they focused and attentive? Do they leave callers on hold or people waiting in the drive-thru line? Do the techs remember your name and ask about your prescription or medication changes? Do they verify your identity?
- Proper Staffing. Ask questions at the pharmacy desk. How many pharmacists are there? How many techs? Try picking up your prescription at a different time of day than when you dropped it off, taking note of the staff changes, and if the same techs are working-they could be pulling longer hours, and be more prone to mistakes.
Contact West Palm Beach Accident Attorneys
No matter which pharmacy you choose, there is never an excuse for Florida prescription errors. If you have suffered as a result of improper medication, call the experienced West Palm Beach accident attorneys at Fetterman & Associates today at 561-845-2510.
A: Social Security disability benefits are meant to help those who are most in need of aid. This is why the Social Security Administration only provides payments for people whose disability is unlikely to improve, or will last a considerable length of time. If your injury improves while you are collecting disability benefits, you may see a decrease in payments. Since the decision is based upon financial need, your monthly payment can be affected if you:
- Are able to return to work
- If your injury no longer meets the SSA’s definition of disabled
- If you are able to earn a substantial income despite your injury
There are some work incentives provided by the Social Security Administration to ease injured workers back into employment. In these cases, payments will continue while the disabled person works, just in case the injury worsens or reoccurs. The important thing to remember is that as long as you are disabled, you are entitled to receive benefits. If your benefits were unjustly suspended, call Fetterman & Associates today to get help from an experienced West Palm Beach Social Security disability lawyer.
A: Most, if not all, lawyers who represent personal injury victims, do so on what is known as a contingent fee basis. A contingent fee means that there is no attorney fee unless and until the lawyer obtains money for you. When that occurs, the fee is a percentage of the amount the lawyer obtained for you. In most cases, the lawyer also pays the expenses of pursuing the case which are then deducted from the recovery obtained for you. Call Fetterman & Associates today at 561-845-2510 for free consultation.
A: If you are involved in a West Palm Beach car crash, you must remember that insurance companies are not in the business of helping innocent people; they are in the business of making money. This money often comes at the expense of those who need it most. The liable party’s insurance company will usually contact you soon after the car accident to make you a settlement offer. It is usually not a good idea to accept this offer, which will probably be at the bottom of their approved settlement range. Insurance companies try to settle their claims for as little as possible, even if it means not giving victims enough money to cover their car repair costs or their injuries. If you are having trouble agreeing to a settlement with an insurance company, they may stop negotiating and may sit and wait. This is a powerful tactic because they know you need the money more than they do. Your car needs to be repaired, and you have medical bills piling up. Pressured by the financial consequences of your accident, you may be more likely to accept a low settlement after a few months. If you are getting the runaround from an insurance company, you need to contact a West Palm Beach car accident attorney at Fetterman & Associates today. We will fight the insurance companies to ensure that you receive the compensation to which you are entitled. Recommended Posts:
A: When a pedestrian is struck by a car in West Palm Beach, the injuries are often life-altering. We know that the pedestrian is at a much higher risk of injury than the driver, since he lacks protection from the impact. Unfortunately, the risks run even higher depending on the type of car that hits you. Since most pedestrians are hit head-on, the front of the vehicle plays a large part in the pedestrian’s injuries. For example:
- Pedestrians are usually not hit once, but make contact with the car at several points. Most victims will first be struck by the front bumper.
- If the car has a higher hood, the victim often falls forward, hitting his head before falling to the ground.
- If the car is lower, the victim will often have his leg swept out by the impact, falling sideways onto the car and potentially hitting his head on the windshield.
- A truck or SUV, which rides higher on the road, has a greater potential for damaging a victim’s hip joint. Speeding SUVs also have a greater potential to cause serious injury due to their increased weight.
- A bumper strike affects adults and children differently: adults will often be struck in the knee, but children will commonly be hit in the torso.
Some manufacturers are taking pedestrians into consideration when designing new cars, opting for rounded hoods and “bounce back” bumpers to reduce injury upon impact. We can only hope that the number of pedestrian fatalities continues its downward trend, but in the meantime, we can help those suffering from these injuries gets the compensation they deserve. Call Fetterman & Associates today at 561-845-2510 for a free consultation in your West Palm Beach pedestrian accident case.
A: According to Florida traffic laws, vehicles that are approaching a red light “shall stop before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection or, if none, then before entering the intersection.” It may seem unlikely that injuries can happen when all vehicles are supposed to be at a complete stop. Unfortunately, red lights are a common site of Florida auto accidents many of which could be prevented if drivers practiced a little extra road safety. A few factors that can cause intersection accidents in Palm Beach include:
- Speeding : Some motorists believe that a yellow light is a signal to speed up, in order to make it through the intersection without waiting. What they do not realize is that entering an intersection at a high speed is not only more likely to cause an accident, but will increase the injuries that result due to higher impact.
- Traffic convergence : Stop lights are simply a way to allow drivers to take turns getting from point A to point B safely. However, the sudden influx of cross traffic on a straight road can cause drivers to become impatient, causing late-braking and tailgating collisions.
- Mixed commuters : Red light accidents can be particularly deadly for residents using alternative transportation. Bikers and pedestrians are commonly hit by drivers running red lights or speeding around a corner too quickly to check for people in the crosswalk.
A: Severe injuries – such as head injuries – are quite common in West Palm Beach motorcycle accidents. If you have sustained a head injury from a serious motorcycle accident in West Palm Beach, you must contact a West Palm Beach personal injury attorney immediately. The treatment for head injuries or traumatic brain injuries due to motorcycle accidents are costly, including CT and MRI scans and anti-convulsion medication. The bills from such procedures, medications, and treatments may add up quickly. In addition, you may be facing lost wages due to time out of work or incapacitation in relation to your regular duties or activities.
You May Due Compensation
Factors in West Palm Beach motorcycle accidents are complex; multiple parties may be found liable, including (but not limited to) the other driver, insurance companies, property owners, and manufacturing companies. In addition, insurance companies are usually out to get you to settle for the least amount possible, which may not cover all of your expenses. It is vital to contact an experienced West Palm Beach Motorcycle Accident attorneys to ensure that you are pursing the right channels for compensation and relief for your medical bills.
Don’t Face Medical Bills and Insurance Companies Alone
If you have sustained a head injury due to a serious motorcycle accident, you need the right legal expertise in your corner. If you have experienced a loss due to a serious motorcycle accident, contact Fetterman & Associates at 561-845-2510.
A: Car accidents due to flooding in West Palm Beach can be hard to unravel. On one hand, you have the damage done by the water-on another, the damage done by passing drivers attempting to ford the roadway. So, are you liable for all of these damages or none of them? Parties who could be responsible for your vehicle’s damage after a Florida auto accident include:
- Your car insurance : Even if you weren’t struck by another motorist, you may sustain flood damage to your car from fallen tree limbs or debris carried by fast-moving waters. Check your insurance policy to see if flood damage is covered.
- The “at-fault” driver : Many cars become stranded in rising water and are unable to move out of the way of traffic. Some have even had to abandon their vehicles to escape drowning, only to be told by their insurance carrier that they were at fault in the accident because they left their cars in the roadway.
- The car company : If your accident was caused because of a defect in the car’s steering or electrical system, you may be able to seek compensation from the manufacturer for putting you at risk.
Since people will not often think of flooding while buying insurance, they may be automatically “opted out” of this type of coverage. This can cause headaches later when you try to collect on a claim that should rightfully be covered. If you are having problems with your insurance company after a Florida car accident, contact Fetterman & Associates today at 561-845-2510. Related Posts:
A: Car accidents in West Palm Beach can frequently result in pelvic fractures. These injuries frequently involve extensive care, recuperation and treatment—which can result in costly medical bills piling up while you are out of work. If you or a loved one are experiencing any of the common symptoms and signs of pelvic fracture due to a West Palm Beach car accident, it is important to contact an experienced West Palm Beach car accident attorney.
You May Be Due Compensation for Your Injuries
Florida car accidents can be complex; liability may be assigned to multiple parties, including the other driver, insurance companies, and even manufacturing companies. If your pelvic fracture due to a West Palm Beach car accident was the result of another driver’s negligence, you could be due compensation. Speak with an experienced West Palm Beach car accident attorney to ascertain your rights today.
We’re Here to Help
Dealing with pelvic fractures due to a Florida car accident can have a devastating effect on resources. If you have fallen victim to a pelvic fracture due to a Florida car crash, contact Fetterman & Associates at 561-845-2510.
A: Business owners may not always be liable for crimes occurring on their property. However, if there are patterns of crimes or danger on or near their property, they are obligated to enact safety measures. In the state of Florida, business owners have a legal obligation to instate reasonable security measures to prevent danger to anyone on their property; failure to do so is known as security negligence. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a violent crime or experienced losses, death or injury due to security negligence in Florida, it is important to contact an experienced West Palm Beach injury attorney. If you have been the victim of a violent crime due to security negligence, be sure to get the information you need and make sure your rights are protected.
A: Partial or total paralysis of the lower extremities called paraplegia frequently occurs due to a traumatic spinal cord injury. These injuries are frequently sustained during instances where a sudden force or impact occurs, such as a car accident. There are about 10,000 new spinal cord injuries in the United States every year. If you or someone you know has been involved in a serious accident in Florida, contact an experienced West Palm Beach personal injury attorney. Our dedicated legal professionals understand the financial burdens that accompany a prognosis of paraplegia, such as home adjustments and expensive, ongoing medical bills. They will help to protect your rights as a victim and get the financial relief you deserve.
Multiple Parties May Be Liable
In a car accident, liability for pain, suffering, physical and mental damage, lost wages and medical bills may be assigned to multiple parties. For example: if you were in a serious car accident and the other driver was convicted of DUI, the other driver (or his or her insurance company), the establishment that sold the driver the alcohol, and the manufacturers might all be pursued for compensation. The factors involved in personal injury cases and car accidents may be extremely complex; proving your case can be even more so. Without the right knowledge, expertise and knowhow behind your efforts, you may literally be walking away from money that is yours by right.
Don’t Leave Money on the Table
Don’t deal with a serious West Palm Beach accident resulting in paraplegia alone
A: You may think that since you weren’t hit by a car, you’re the only one who could possibly be responsible for your bicycle accident in West Palm Beach. But the truth is, many non-vehicular bike accidents in Florida are caused by negligence, and cyclists often don’t realize that their accident was someone else’s fault. Here are just a few parties that could be responsible for your Florida bicycle accident:
- Roadway officials : If your accident was caused by a pothole, gravel, oil spill or other unsafe roadway condition, city maintenance officials could be liable for your injury.
- Private property owners : If the accident took place on private property, the owner could be responsible if he neglected to maintain proper upkeep and maintenance on the premises.
- Public walking/riding areas : Public walkways are required to be safe for pedestrians and cyclists, including clearing fallen branches, mending broken sidewalks and trimming foliage for clear sight around corners.
- Construction companies : Who do not take proper care of fallen debris, dangerous fluids, heavy equipment or exposed wires in construction areas can easily cause injury to a passing cyclist.
- Bicycle manufacturers, retailers, or repair shops : If your accident was caused by the bike itself-due to malfunctioning parts, accessories or improper repair, the proprietor may be liable for damages.
A: A fall in a store is an area of law known as premises liability. The store or person in control of the premises is responsible for the fall if their negligence in some way caused the fall. The mere fact that the fall occurred there is not sufficient. The law requires that the store be responsible if, through one of its employees, the store caused the hazard which resulted in the fall or, if the hazard was caused by someone else, that the hazard was there long enough that the store should have found it and corrected it before the fall occurred.
A: Trucker fatigue is a term used to describe truck driver impairment due to lack of sleep. Truck drivers are required to get a shipment in on time, and if they fall behind due to weather or traffic, they may be tempted to skip required rest breaks. As a result of fatigue, drivers’ response times are slowed and reflexes are dulled—leading to increased risk of West Palm Beach truck accidents. Recent studies have shown that fatigue can impair a driver’s abilities as much as drunk driving. In some cases, drunk drivers actually proved more alert than sleepy drivers—and the fatigued driver is hauling tons of potentially destructive cargo behind him. If someone you love has been injured in a Florida truck accident due to trucker fatigue, call Fetterman & Associates today.
A: If you’re taking Actos for type-2 diabetes, you’re probably wondering if the benefits are worth all of the potential side effects. Most drug companies are still looking for the “silver bullet” for diabetes-but the truth is, the best medication for diabetics may not be a medication at all. Patients using Actos to control blood sugar in Florida may actually benefit more from vegetables than a pill. A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine showed that a structured diet and increased exercise were actually more effective at controlling diabetes than diabetes drugs. This study revealed a few startling facts about type-2 diabetes medications in West Palm Beach:
- Actos may lower diabetic symptoms, but has also been linked to life-threatening side effects such as heart failure, bladder cancer, osteoporosis, bone fractures, fluid retention and kidney failure.
- By increasing activity and reducing calories, nearly 60% of diabetes sufferers reported improved symptoms-and the only side effects were muscle aches and pains.
- The generic drug metformin, when combined with proper diet and exercise, slowed diabetic development by about 30%. The only side effects were mild gastrointestinal discomfort.
The benefits of the diet and exercise trial were consistent across both genders, all age groups, and ethnicities, indicating that the treatment is safe for everyone-and most importantly, there are no dangerous side effects. If you have suffered painful side effects while taking Actos in Florida, we can help get you the compensation you deserve. Call Fetterman & Associates today to speak with an experienced West Palm Beach personal injury attorney.
A: Pure comparative negligence is a partial legal defense which reduces the amount of damages that you can recover in a Florida car crash. Essentially, it means that the compensation for your injuries will be diluted by the percentage in which you are found to be at fault for your Florida car accident. For example, if you are in an accident with another vehicle and are determined to be 10% at fault, your compensation will be diluted by 10%; therefore, if your case is worth $100,000, you will only receive $90,000. This rule applies at all percentages. Because determination of fault is something that is subjective, you could end up being blamed for more of a percentage than you actually contributed. This is why it is especially important to work with a Florida accident attorney who is experienced in handling these types of cases. If you have been injured in a Florida auto accident, contact Fetterman & Associates at 561-845-2510.
A: The term “wrongful death” usually refers to an accidental death which is caused by another person’s negligence or carelessness. Even though the death is usually unintentional, the defendant is responsible for providing monetary compensation to the victim’s survivors. A West Palm Beach wrongful death can occur due to a variety of different reasons and circumstances. Some common reasons for a wrongful death include:
- Automobile accident
- Train accident
- Truck accident
- Pedestrian accident
- Construction accident
- Falling from a height
- Medical malpractice
- Drug mistake
- Defective product
The victim’s survivors may be compensated for:
- Medical expenses as a result of the injury
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of income
- Loss of benefits, such as insurance and retirement
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of parental guidance
- Pain and suffering
The survivors may also be compensated for services that the deceased provided, such as housekeeping or transportation. When an adult dies, it is much easier for the court to quantify the value of the loss, as they can consider the wages earned and expected as well as the deceased’s contribution to his or her family. When a minor child passes away, it is not as simple, as children do not normally contribute to household income They do contribute, however, in other, more meaningful ways. This is the type of case in which the loss of companionship and affection is weighed heavily. Wrongful death cases are very complex, and involve a variety of different factors. If your husband, wife, child, sibling, or parent has suffered a wrongful death, contact a West Palm Beach wrongful death attorney at Fetterman and Associates. As always, the initial consultation is free. Related Posts:
A: If you have survived a West Palm Beach truck accident, you might be tempted to think the worst is over. Unfortunately, there are people out there who can still do you harm in your accident long after your injuries begin to heal. For example:
- Your car insurance company : Whether they’re offering you a settlement, or want your signature “for their records,” insurance adjusters will try to get you to sign something as soon as possible. This way, they can offer you a drastically reduced settlement before you have had a chance to tally up the costs of the crash.
- The trucking company’s adjusters : By contacting you days after the accident for confirmation of events, the trucking company is protecting its interests. Depending on what you say, they can use the information to refuse to cover your damages.
- The trucking company : Truckers are often coached on what to say after an accident. They may offer for both of you to sign an “accident report” from their company that involves a clause of no-fault. Unfortunately, failure to read the fine print has left many victims unable to pursue a claim later-and who thinks of reading the fine print after a major car accident?
Of course, now you know that you should not have signed any documents after your accident. But can these companies really hold you to a document signed after severe trauma? Maybe not. An experienced Florida semi accident attorney may still be able to get you compensation in your case, even after you signed a document with your insurance company. Contact Fetterman & Associates today for more information at 561-845-2510.
A: Emotions can run high after a Florida car crash. The best way to ensure that everyone walks away from the accident is to stay calm and keep your head clear. Unfortunately, people driving while angry or under stress can overreact to the situation, going so far as to confront or even attack the other driver. If an aggressive driver in Port St. Lucie tries to confront you after an accident:
- Roll the windows down or exit your car.
- Yell back, or make offensive gestures that will escalate the situation.
- Remain calm.
- Lock your doors.
- Call 911 and show him the phone, indicating that help is on the way.
- Leave the scene if you feel that your safety is threatened, such as if the other driver has a gun or picks up a blunt object that could break your windows.
A: A “defective product” is a product that causes some injury or harm as a result of a defect in the way the product was manufactured, labeled or used. A person who is harmed by a defective product may seek compensation from the manufacturer. They may also seek compensation from those who were involved in the chain of commerce as well. The injuries sustained from a defective product may be very clear, such as a wreck caused by faulty brakes, or less clear, such as harmful side effects that onset many years after taking an improperly tested prescription drug. If you believe you have been injured by a defective product, call to speak with one of our West Palm Beach personal injury lawyers today.