Cleanliness, Infection, Statute of Limitations & Hospital Medical Malpractice
News channel WWLTV reported recently on a Children’s Hospital admittance to a mistake that cost five young patients their lives. The hospital confirmed that the patients contracted a fatal fungus from bed linens at the facility. In other words, these wrongful deaths could have been prevented. The fungal infection, called mucormycosis, killed the five children five years ago. Each child was already fighting serious diseases before being infected. The outbreak stretched over a one-year period between 2008 and 2009.